Saturday, July 21, 2007

Timeless Specials #1: High School Reflections

(Note: Timeless Specials are special blog entries aside from the series for the moment... It may or may not be connected to the series being discussed about at the moment... The use and anything about Timeless Specials will be posted after the "Two Simple Instructions" subseries special of the Love Blog Series)

After almost 4 years, we met again.
I met with one of my high school friends after 4 years of not seeing each other.
It was really a "semi-unplanned" moment.

Just a little background, I was just attending a seminar about How to be Truly Rich by Bo Sanchez when I thought of arranging a meeting with that friend of mine. The reason I arranged a meeting with her (Oooopss... Yep, she's a girl...) was because I promised her that before her birthday, we'll have a "chit-chat" as a gift. But because of schedules, we postponed it, then postponed it again... then another... until we had a chance (and time) to meet up. So we met at National Bookstore at Katipunan, QC and ate at Red Ribbon.

It was unplanned actually. The whole plan was to meet her but the thing is, I don't know what to talk about. All I was thinking then was to convince her and have a small team to start a reunion plan for our batch this coming "5-year reunion" next year and then that's it. On the other side, she was thinking of convincing me to come and watch the Pisay (Short for Philippine Science... Yep...) Movie entry at Cinemalaya at CCP.

Anyhow, so we ate and had our little talk and went off to CCP. But before that we need to get tickets at TicketNet. Thus, we took a ride at LRT2 to Gateway, Cubao and looked for tickets.

At this point, we had our adventure. We had so much fun talking starting from Red Ribbon to Gateway that we didn't realized that at some points we were actually a little bit lost. But what surprised me the most is how we reacted when we got to the TicketNet booth and said that all tickets were sold out for that day's show.

We traveled from Katipunan to here and was lost a little bit and all we got was a dead end... We couldn't get tickets for the show that we should be watching right that moment.
But we laughed... Not a sarcastic laugh but a heartily and joyful laugh. We laughed and was also astounded as how the movie got so much publicity that on the first day of showing, all tickets were sold.

We don't have plan B that time. But we had an instant plan B and headed for Starbucks (this was the first time I entered the cafe of Starbucks and the 3rd time I bought their product...)... And for at most I think 1 or 2 hours we stayed there talking and sharing our lives.

From simple things like "how are you" to things like "love life" to things like "how's our common 'bestfriend'" to her dad, to my work, to coffee, to cake, to her lifestyle, to my lifestyle, to our past high school memories, to God...

And we didn't stopped there, we circled around the mall and stayed there for another hour or so at the National Bookstore and talked again... and again... and again...

And we again left and went to the Food Area of Gateway and bought and shared NYFD (french fries brand) and talked again... and again... and again...

And it hit us... We are now here... sitting and eating and talking. We realized that much of what we have learned and shared while we were together was because of the years and experiences we had in our high school days. Those were the days that the topic for the day will always be "love life" and "drama mode". Those were the days that we thought of love as a feeling. Those were the days that we live our lives in a competitive world. Those were the days that a "tampuhan" is a big issue then. And now we are here, talking about our reflections and realizations about our silly mistakes and lessons as if we were still together.

It's like we are "growing together alone". Together in a sense that still now we move as one... going forward... but because of certain things like distance... we move "alone".

Meeting with my friend that day was like having a big reunion. A reunion of dreams, hopes, aspirations, realizations, reflections... And I treasure these moments... Unplanned moments...

I had a great time. And I'm writing this down... well, my plan is to share it to you what happened that time. But now, the unplanned thing is... I'm writing this down so that you may realize this very thing.

Treasure every good moment. Some of your moments may be bad but it's ok. They will work out into a good thing after.
Treasure every person you meet. I'm glad I had a great "date" with my friend.
I do hope there will come a time that you will meet (or date) with one of your close friends before and will have yourself a reunion of thoughts... a rekindling of your passion before... a pursuit of your dreams... It maybe today... tomorrow who knows... :D

Anyhow, for 6 hours... we just talked about a part of 4 years. I think we still may need to do some catching-up. :D

(Again... Back to our next topic in our subseries: What's Love Got to Do with This?)
(Watch out for our next set of topics: Being Complete)

No comments: